One thing unique about the air fryer is that it can cook almost everything, ranging from vegetables to chicken. The cooking device is easy to use, safer and less messy compared to deep fryers. Therefore, you should consider using it to make most of your meals, especially the chicken wings. Air fryer chicken wings are tasty, tender in the inside and crispy on the outside. Use these recipes and you will make healthier, juicy chicken wings using your air fryer.
Let’s check, 3 best Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipes
Extra Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
To make juicy, extra crispy chicken wings in air fryer, this recipe will help you a great deal. Use it, and you will love the final product!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
- Estimated Cost: $6
- 1 lbs chicken wings (split and tips removed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Using a paper towel, pat dry the chicken wings, and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Coat with olive oil, and sprinkle garlic powder, salt, and lemon pepper over the wings. Toss to evenly coat.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F for 3 minutes.
- Place the chicken wings in the air fryer basket, arrange in a single layer without overlapping. Set cooking time to 16 minutes and start cooking. At 8 minutes, pause the cooking, to flip the wings so that they can cook evenly on both sides.
- When time is up, and the wings are golden brown and crispy on the outside, remove and let sit on a plate for at least 3 minutes before enjoying.
- Cook time will vary with the size of your chicken wings. Therefore, adjust the time as needed.
- If your air fryer can’t cook the chicken wings at once, cook in two batches.
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings Recipe
If you don’t have an idea of how to cook frozen chicken wings in an air fryer, this recipe is for you. Check it out.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Total Times: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
- Estimated Cost: $6
- 1 lb frozen chicken wings (split, tips removed)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Combine baking powder, garlic powder, salt and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle olive oil over the chicken wings, and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the chicken wings and toss to coat.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil or nonstick spray.
- Place the chicken wings to the air fryer basket. Set cooking time to 10 minutes at 360 degrees F. When time is up, open the air fryer, stir the wings to separate any that were stuck together and to allow them to cook evenly. If there is too much liquid in the air fryer basket, drain it (optional).
- Cook for additional 15 minutes, flipping or stirring the wings once. When time is up, check if the wings are ready and crispy. If not crispy, cook for additional 5 minutes. Your wings will be ready and extra crispy.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
- Draining the liquid helps avoid too much moisture/steam in the air fryer. Excess steam will prevent the wings to crisp up.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken wings – when ready should be 165 degrees F.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings Keto Recipe
If you are in Keto diets, you should include air fryer Keto chicken wings in your diet plan. Just use this recipe, and you will make delicious chicken wings air fryer in just 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 4 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 19 minutes
- Servings: 5 people
- Estimated Cost: $7
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbs taco seasoning mix
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine chicken wings, olive oil and taco seasoning. Shake to evenly coat.
- Preheat your air fryer for 3 minutes to 350 degrees.
- Put the wings in the air fryer basket, cook for 13 minutes, turning the wings at 7 minutes. When time is up, check doneness, and cook for additional 2 minutes to allow the wings to crisp up.
- When done, remove and let the wings rest in plate for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- If your air fryer can’t cook 3lbs chicken wings at once, cook in two batches.
- For this recipe, the chicken wings are not split.
With the air fryer, you can cook fresh or frozen chicken wings easily. There is no doubt air fryer chicken wings are delicious. But you have to follow the recipes to achieve the desired results. Use the above easy recipes, and you will make juicy, crispy chicken wings in your air fryer.