Salmon is one of the healthier meats you can take. It is rich in proteins, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and more. However, preparing the salmon will determine the nutrients and calories you get. Air-fried salmon is rich in essential nutrients and is free of extra unhealthy oil or fats. Keep reading to learn how to cook frozen salmon in air fryer.
Why use an air fryer?
The air fryer uses little or no oil to cook salmon or other dishes. In addition, the appliance cooks food faster, saving time. It is also easy to use, especially when cooking frozen salmon. Most importantly, it is easier to clean the air fryer basket and the whole unit after cooking.
Ingredients you need
You will need frozen salmon around 1-2 lbs. In addition, you will need olive oil, lemon juice, grated or crushed garlic, salt, pepper, and Dijon mustard. The ingredients will add flavor to the salmon, making it more delicious.
Cooking tips for a perfect salmon dish
- You don’t have to remove the skin on the salmon. It will cook well, and you can eat it if you like. You can remove it halfway through the cooking process if you don’t like it.
- It is advisable to check the internal temperature of the thickest part of the salmon to know if it is ready or not. Ready salmon will have an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. One of the best meat thermometers will be helpful here.
- Don’t cook salmon at high temperatures to prevent it from drying up. Cook at around 380 to 390 degrees F.
The Recipe to Make Frozen Salmon in the Air Fryer
For an easy salmon dish, here is how to cook frozen salmon in air fryer:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 frozen salmon fillets (1 lb.)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes to 390 degrees F.
- Place the frozen salmon into the air fryer basket, cook for 7 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, mix the oil, mustard, minced garlic, pepper, lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl.
- Once time is up, flip the salmon and brush the marinating sauce all over the salmon. Cook for additional 7-8 minutes. When time is up, use the meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the thickest part of the salmon. If it is anywhere around 145 degrees F, the salmon is ready. If not ready, cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Once done, remove and brush it with more sauce before serving.
- If your salmon fillets are thin (less than 1.5 inches thick), cook for less time to avoid overcooking.
- Frozen salmon is ready when it starts to turn white and flakes easily.
Can you use an air fryer for frozen salmon?
Yes, you can cook frozen salmon in the air fryer. It will cook faster, and you will get a delicious and healthier salmon dish in the end. Cook it for 15 minutes at 390 degrees F. Be sure to flip the fillets halfway through the cooking process.
If you didn’t know how to cook frozen salmon in the air fryer, you are now happy. You can now cook a perfect salmon dish thanks to the above information. Be sure to use a suitable air fryer like Power Air Fryer XL for best results, and clean it after use.