You are probably used to making fish sticks in the oven. However, you need to explore new ways to cook tastier and healthier fish sticks than those cooked in the oven or deep fryer. It is straightforward, and in a few minutes, the sticks will be ready for serving. Keep reading to learn how to cook fish sticks in the air fryer.
Why use the air fryer?
The air fryer cooks fish sticks using hot circulating air. This ensures that the fish sticks become crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside. In addition, you don’t have to use cooking oil when making fish sticks in the air fryer. This prevents you from taking unhealthy oils or fats and excess calories. It is also so easy and quick to cook fish sticks in the air fryer, allowing you to save time.
Which fish stick brand should you use for this recipe?
Many fish stick brands like Van De Kamp, and Gorton’s, among others, are available on the market. Most brands have minced fish and are free of synthetic additives, hence good for your health. So, it is advisable to go for a brand that you like and is affordable. Most top fish stick brands offer quality sticks that cook well on the air fryer, and you will love the final product.
What you will need to make crunchy air fryer fish sticks
Surprisingly, you just need a packet of fish sticks for your favorite brand. And, of course, the air fryer. Also, learn how to use the air fryer if you haven’t used one before. This will ensure you have an easy time cooking the fish sticks.
Air Fryer Fish Sticks Recipe
Want to learn how to cook fish sticks in an air fryer? Well, this recipe is what you need to make crunchy fish sticks in minutes.
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 11 minutes
- 1 pack of fish sticks (choose your favorite brand)
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes to 400 degrees F.
- Place the fish sticks in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Be sure to leave space between them to allow them to cook all around.
- Cook the fish sticks for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F. Remember to flip the sticks at the 5-minute mark. The sticks will be ready when they become crunchy on the outside.
- Once ready, remove from the air fryer. If you want them to be hotter, add pepper and serve with a sauce of your choice.
- You can cook the fish sticks for additional two minutes if you want them to get crunchier.
- Cook in two batches if your air fryer cannot hold all the sticks at once. This ensures that you don’t overcrowd the air fryer for perfect hot air circulation, enabling the fish sticks to cook evenly faster.
How long should you air fry fish sticks?
You should cook fish sticks in the air fryer for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F. However, if the sticks are not crunchy as you like, you can cook them for additional minutes until they are done to your liking. Be sure to arrange the sticks in a single layer, leaving space between them so that they can be ready in around 10 minutes.
Thanks to the above information, you have learned how to cook fish sticks in the air fryer. As you have seen, it is super easy, and you will get crunchier, healthier, and tastier fish sticks. After cooking, ensure you clean the air fryer basket, and wipe the inside and the outside of the air fryer. You will need it regularly to make more air fryer fish sticks.
Leave a Reply