You are probably used to buying tortilla chips at the restaurant or store. But you can prepare homemade tortilla chips that are crispier and tastier than store-bought. It will be easier and faster with an advanced air fryer like PowerXL Air Fryer Pro and learning a few tips on how to go about it. Keep reading to learn how to make tortilla chips in air fryer.
Table of Contents
What you need to make air fryer tortilla chips
You need corn tortilla. You can use yellow or white tortillas. Wheat-based tortillas are also a great option. This all depends on your preference. In addition, you will require olive or avocado oil, salt, and spices like smoked paprika, garlic powder, Italian herbs, onion powder, or others, depending on the flavor you want. You will also require the air fryer, small bowl, chopping board, and other kitchen utensils to make the cooking a success.
How to make tortilla chips in air fryer
Start by cutting the tortilla wraps into triangles. Use a chopping board and sharp knife to get perfectly-shaped tortilla chips. After that, mix the oil, salt, and your preferred spices in a mixing bowl. Coat the cut tortilla chips with the mixture. Once done, place the chips into the air fryer basket or tray in a single layer and cook them for 7-8 minutes at 350 degrees F. At 4 minutes, flip the chips or shake the air fryer basket.
Tips for air frying tortilla chips
- You can use spices of your choice. It is advisable to keep it simple and use fewer spices so that you can feel the flavor of each ingredient. Consider adding ground black pepper to your spices if you want hot chips.
- Ensure that your tortilla chips are not too thick to cook fast and get crispy within the shortest time possible.
- Oil is essential for the best taste and texture. It also prevents the chips from sticking to the air fryer basket.
Air Fryer Tortilla Chips Recipe
An easy recipe to make healthier and tastier air-fried tortilla chips at home.
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
- 6 yellow corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Slice the tortillas into 5-8 triangles like a pizza
- Mix the spices in a small bowl. Coat the chips with oil, and sprinkle the spices mixture all over the tortilla chips.
- Place the chips in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook for 7-8 minutes at 350 degrees F. At 4 minutes, shake the fryer basket or flip the chips.
- Remove them when time is up, and the chips are crispy and browned. Let them cool for at least 2 minutes before serving.
- Cook tortilla chips in batches. This helps you avoid overlapping them in the air fryer basket.
- If the tortilla chips are soft at the center after 8 minutes, cook them for additional 2 minutes until they crisp up.
How do you reheat tortilla chips in an air fryer?
You can reheat your tortilla chips in the air fryer by placing them into the air fryer basket and reheating them at 350 degrees F for 3 minutes. You can sprinkle some olive oil over the chips to make them crunchy and tastier.
Learning how to make tortilla chips in air fryer will help you save time and money you spend when buying tortilla chips at the store. You have the freedom to add the spices you like. In addition, you can prepare the snack at any time. Consider the above information, and you will never get tired or bored to make tasty air fryer tortilla chips at home.