Do you know that you can cook tastier sausages at home using your air fryer? Air frying is the healthier way to cook Italian sausages. The procedure is straightforward, and you will end up with more delicious links than restaurant-bought. You need a few ingredients, and your sausages will be ready in minutes. Keep reading to learn how to cook Italian sausage in air fryer.
Table of Contents
Why use an air fryer?
It is easy and quick to cook the sausages in your air fryer. The air fryer cooks the dish using hot circulating air and will use no oil. This ensures that your sausages are free of excess fats and oils, unlike those cooked in the deep fryer. The air fryer is less messy and safer than using the deep fryer. Most importantly, it is easy to clean the air fryer after making your Italian sausages.
How to Make Italian Sausage in Air Fryer – Easy Recipe!
If you wonder how to cook Italian sausage in the air fryer, this recipe is for you. Make delicious and juicy Italian sausages in the air fryer in just under 15 minutes.
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Equipment to Use
Best air fryers like Cosori Smart WiFi Air Fryer 5.8QT
- 1 package of Italian sausages (5 sausages)
- Pepper or onion powder (optional)
- If the pack of sausages is direct from the refrigerator, let it sit for a few minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the air fryer for 3 minutes to 360 degrees F.
- Place the sausages in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook them for 14 minutes at 360 degrees 5. At the 7-minutes mark, pause cooking to turn the sausages so that they can cook evenly all around.
- When time is up, and the sausages are crispy and browned on the outside, you can remove them from the air fryer. Alternatively, use a meat thermometer to check if the sausages are done or not. The internal temperature of ready Italian sausages should be 160 degrees F.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Cooking time can vary with the thickness of the sausages. Thicker sausages will take more time to cook in the air fryer, while thinner ones may take up to 12 minutes.
- Don’t overlap the sausages in the air fryer as that will impair perfect air circulation, preventing them from cooking well and evenly. In addition, leave some space between the sausages to ensure they crisp up and brown.
- You can add pepper or onion powder to make the dish tastier and more flavorful.
How long do Italian sausages take to cook in an air fryer?
It takes around 12-15 minutes to cook Italian sausages in the air fryer. This happens when you cook them at 360 degrees F. Note that cook time depends on the thickness of the sausages. Typically, thicker sausages cook for up to 15 minutes, while thinner ones take fewer minutes. If you cook at higher temperatures, reduce the cooking time.
How do you Know when Italian sausage is cooked?
Checking the internal temperature of the sausages is the most accurate way to know when they are cooked. Cooked sausages have an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. Alternatively, you can cut the sausages at the center. If the meat is firm, they are ready.
You’ve learned how to cook Italian sausage in the air fryer. It is quick and straightforward compared to deep frying. In addition, you will get healthier sausages free of excess fats and calories. Use the recipe, and you will easily make healthier and juicy Italian sausages at home.