Frying eggs, the usual way, is one of the things you should stop doing if you want to manage your weight and enjoy a healthier life. Fried eggs have a lot of oils, and when you take them more often, they will affect your overall health and cause weight gain. And you don’t want such a thing to happen, right?
So you have to look for better ways to cook your eggs. You should fry or hard boil the eggs in the air fryer. It is quick, easy, and less messy. Keep reading to learn how to cook eggs in an air fryer and much more.
How to Cook Eggs in an Air Fryer?
There are different ways to cook eggs in the air fryer. First, you can air fry the eggs. This method involves beating the eggs in an air fryer pan and cooking them in an air fryer for at least 4 minutes. Secondly, you can hard boil the eggs in an air fryer basket for at least 10 minutes. Let’s delve into the details.
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe
This is one of the simplest ways to boil eggs. You don’t need boiled water; you just need your air fryer and the eggs. Here is the simple recipe, and you will like the results.
Prep Time: 1 Minute
Cook Time: 13 Minutes
Total Time: 14 Minutes
- 3-4 eggs
- Preheat your Ninja air fryer to 280 degrees F.
- Place the eggs in the air fryer basket. Space them to allow a smooth flow of hot air inside the basket. Set cook time to 13 minutes for hard-boiled eggs. If you want soft-boiled eggs, set the cooking time to 10 minutes.
- Once the time lapses, you should remove the eggs from the air fryer and place them into cold water or an ice bath before peeling. Once they are cold, tap and peel. Add salt to taste and a spice of your choice.
How to Cook Air Fryer Sunny Side Up Eggs
An air fryer is a perfect cooking appliance for frying eggs. You will use less oil, and it will be easier to clean up. If you have been wondering how to cook eggs in an air fryer, this recipe is for you.
Prep Time: 2 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 7 Minutes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp cooking oil or non-stick spray
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Spray cooking oil or non-stick spray in the pan. Crack the eggs into the pan and season with salt and pepper (optional).
- Place the pan into the air fryer basket and cook at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Once done, remove the air fryer basket, then the pan with the fried eggs. Use a spatula to move the eggs from the pan into the plate. Let it rest for a minute before enjoying it.
Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs
If you like scrambled eggs, you can as well cook them using your air fryer. The eggs will come out soft, creamy, and delicious. Here is a simple recipe to follow.
Prep Time: 3 Minutes
Cook Time: 9 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
- 1/3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the butter in an air fryer-safe pan, place in the air fryer and melt at 300 degrees F. It will take around 2 minutes.
- Once melted, remove the pan from the air fryer. Beat the eggs into the pan and add milk, and whisk to mix. Add pepper and salt to taste. Cook at 300 degrees F for 3 minutes and stir. Cook for additional 2 minutes and stir. Cook for 2 more minutes, and the scrambled will be ready.
- Remove the pan from the air fryer and serve the eggs while hot.
Can You Put Raw Eggs in the Shell in an Air fryer?
Yes, you can put raw eggs in the shell in an or fryer to cook. You should set the air fryer temperatures to 280 degrees F and cook for 12 minutes. You will end up with hard-boiled eggs. It is so easy, fast, and less messy.
Do You Put Water in an Air Fryer for Eggs?
No water is needed! When cooking eggs in the air fryer, no boiled water is required. You just place the eggs in the air fryer basket and set the temperatures and time. The eggs will be ready in minutes.
How Many Eggs Can You Cook in an Air Fryer at One Time?
You can cook two eggs in an air fryer. However, if your air fryer is large enough, you can cook two or more eggs at a time. Smaller air fryers will cook one or two eggs, while larger ones can cook two or more eggs at once.
If you want to enjoy the health benefits of eggs, you should cook the eggs properly using the air fryer. The above recipes will help you prepare air fryer scrambled eggs, hard-boiled eggs, and fried eggs. So if you didn’t know how to cook eggs in an air fryer, you now have enough information. Follow the recipes, and you will not be disappointed.