An air fryer has become an essential cooking appliance to cook tastier and healthier meals. The appliance uses little or no oil to cook meats, vegetables, and more. You can use the cooking device to cook delicious and juicy air fryer ribs at home. Keep reading to learn how to cook ribs in air fryer.
What is an air fryer, and why should you use it?
An air fryer is an advanced cooking appliance that cooks food using hot air requiring little or no oil. The appliance features a fan, heating element, air fryer basket, among other parts and accessories to make cooking easy for you. The appliance can cook almost everything ranging from delicious bacon to ribs.
It is easy to cook the ribs using the air fryer. In addition, you don’t have to use oil for cooking, and excess fats/oils drain in the air fryer tray, ensuring that the ribs don’t have excess fats or oils, which can put your health at risk. Note that well-cooked air fryer ribs are crispy and delicious.
How to cook ribs in air fryer – tips
If you want to get the best results, you need to learn how to use the air fryer. After that, you can now focus on preparing the ribs and considering the spices to use. If the ribs are fatty, you can peel some fats before cooking. Also, clean the ribs before you cook them to get rid of dirt and contaminants.
In addition, use bbq dry rub or a mixture of smoked paprika, garlic powder, and ground black pepper. Dry rub or the seasonings will make the ribs flavorful. Be sure to use barbecue sauce when the dish is ready for more added flavor.
Air Fryer Ribs Recipe
Make juicy, tender ribs using the air fryer in 20 minutes. It is easy, and you will love the resulting meal.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2lbs ribs
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Barbecue sauce
- Wash and rinse the ribs. Then, pat them dry using a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, add paprika, garlic powder, salt, and ground pepper and mix. Rub the ribs with the seasonings mixture.
- Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees F for 3 minutes. Once preheated, spray nonstick cooking spray on the frying basket.
- Place the seasoned ribs in a single layer in the fryer basket. Cook for 20 minutes. Remember to flip the ribs at 10 minutes to cook evenly on all sides. Remove the basket and baste the ribs with the barbecue sauce. Return to the air fryer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Once done, remove and serve with your side dish.
- You can use bbq dry rub instead of the seasonings used above, and you will get almost the same results.
How do you store leftover air fryer ribs?
You put the leftover air fryer ribs in an air-tight container and put them in the refrigerator. Be sure to store them for up to 3 days. They can spoil or go bad after 3 days.
What temperature do you cook ribs in an air fryer?
The ideal temperature for cooking ribs in the air fryer is 380 degrees F. Cook them for around 20 minutes, and remember to turn the ribs halfway through the cooking process.
You have learned how to cook ribs in air fryer from the above. Consider the information, and you will cook crispy ribs on the outside and tender on the inside. It is easy, and you will love the results.