You have never thought of using the air fryer for cooking brats. Right? If yes, it is time to think of new ways to cook healthier and tastier homemade brats. Cooking the brats in the air fryer will ensure you get juicy brats in less than 15 minutes. Keep reading to learn how to cook brats in air fryer.
What do you need to make air fryer brats?
You need a packet of brats from your favorite brand. You may need some pepper if you want to make your brats a little hot. You also need parchment paper to line the air fryer basket or tray. In addition, you need one of the best air fryers that are energy-efficient, easy to use, and large enough to meet your cooking needs.
The secrets to making brats that are more delicious than restaurant-bought?
- It is advisable to line your air fryer with parchment paper. The paper absorbs excess grease, allowing the brats to crisp on the outside.
- Don’t use oil as brats have high-fat content. Adding more oil will add more fats and increase the calories on the brats, making them unhealthy for your body.
- Arrange the brats on the air fryer basket in a single layer, leaving space between them. This allows them to brown, crisp, and cooks evenly. Flipping the brats halfway through the cooking process is also helpful.
- If the packet of brats is direct from the freezer, allow them to rest for 30 minutes to come to room temperature. But you can cook frozen bratwurst but cook for additional minutes.
- Ready brats have an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. Use a meat thermometer to know when they are done.
Air Fryer Brats Recipe
Still not sure of how to cook brats in air fryer? This easy recipe will help you make perfect tasty and tender brats in 15 minutes.
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pack of uncooked brats
- Parchment paper, optional
- Place the brats in the air fryer basket or tray, depending on the air fryer model you have. Arrange them in a single layer, leaving space between them.
- Cook the brats for 14 minutes at 375 degrees F, flipping them halfway through. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the brats. If the thermometer reads 160 degrees F or over, they are ready. If not, cook for additional minutes until the skin becomes crispy and tight while the inside is firm and juicy.
- Remove from air fryer and let the brats rest for 2 minutes before serving.
How do you cook Johnsonville brats in an air fryer?
Place the Johnsonville brats in the air fryer basket. Set cooking temperature to 350 degrees F and cook for 13-15 minutes. Flip them halfway through the cooking process. They will be ready when they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
Can you cook frozen brats in an air fryer?
Yes, you can. You just need to preheat the air fryer for 4 minutes to 350 degrees F. Then put the frozen brats in the air fryer and cook for 17 minutes. Be user to flip them at 8 minutes. Note that smaller brats can cook earlier, so check them at 15 minutes to remove already cooked ones.
We believe you’ve learned how to cook brats in an air fryer with the above information. It is so easy, and you will have juicy brats on your plate within a few minutes. Follow the recipe, and you will not be disappointed.