What is not to love about air frying? You get great tasting food for a fraction of the oil use! In this article, we are going to explain why you should invest in an air fryer. In fact, we believe it should be your next purchase!
Table of Contents
They use little to no oil.
If you’ve read anything about air fryers, you’ll know one thing…they use little to no oil. In fact, many air fryer recipes only call for a 1-2 tablespoons of oil. The question is…how does an air fryer do this?
It uses superheated air that essentially fries the food as it circulates inside the chamber. Compared to deep oil frying, air fryers use significantly less oil. This means you can eat super tasty food without all the calories that comes with using large volumes of oil.
There is also another great benefit. They cook food very quickly. This is a factor which aids in minimising the amount of oil used. Simply lightly brush the food (say chips) with oil and you are good to go. Because of the superheated air and the speed with which the food cooks, the results are like deep oiled food. The taste is there without the fattening effects of oil!
Air fryers are also very affordable.
Sure, there are some models that tip the scales over $200, but many air fryers can be had for under, or around $100. This makes them extremely affordable and quite easy to purchase.
But there is another thing to consider. By buying an air fryer, you also save money on other appliances that you no longer need to get. For example, you don’t need a convection oven or deep oil fryer. Air fryers can do the job of both appliances just fine. Thinking about it in these terms, and you can easily save $100’s.
Saving money is all we and good but it only matters if you buy a quality air fryer. After all, who wants an air fryer that melts or whose functions don’t work as intended.
Beware of cheap rip-offs.
Buyer beware! Some air fryers are not so good as others. Especially ones made from cheap plastic. Such a material can melt quite easily under extreme temperatures. It’s super important to invest in a quality air fryer from a known and reputable brand. What brands are we talking about?
Black and Decker, Phillips, T-fal and Avalon are all great picks. Another way of deciding a quality air fryer is to examine reviews on Amazon or any other shopping portal.
Here is a little bit of a secret. Read reviews that are 3 stars, as these are likely to not be bought reviews. 3-star reviews are likely to be the most honest and provide the most valuable information to you.
And look out for accessories.
Many air fryers come with their own accessories that can enhance the cooking experience. Here are some that you should look out for:
- Multi-use racks: For example, you may be able to place food items on different rack levels to be cooked. Bigger air fryers, like the big boss fryer, are large enough to accommodate more than one level of cooking. Another rack you might find is a grill rack. This allows you to easily fry something skewered.
- Tongs: You probably already have a pair at home, but it does not hurt to have one that is specially designed to be used with an air fryer!
- Measuring spoon: As stated before, most recipes only require 1 or 2 tablespoons of oil. Some manufacturers will supply a spoon that is specifically this size so you know exactly how much oil you should use.
- Basket divider: Most air fryers come with a basket divider. It allows you to divvy up the food into two separate portions. Say, you might have chips on one side and chicken wings in the other.
- Air fryer recipes: When you first get an air fryer, it’ll serve you well to flip through a recipe book to find out what you can and cannot cook. In fact, you’d be surprised to find that many interesting things you can cook in an air fryer. If you don’t have a recipe booklet, an easy Google search will provide you with endless recipes.
This leads us to the last point…
You can cook almost anything with an air fryer!
Yep, pretty much anything that you would fry in a deep oil fryer, or put in the oven, can be done with an air fryer. Fries, chicken wings, nuggets, fish. It can all be done, even pasta like ravioli. But what about some more interesting things? Well, you can also roast and bake in an air fryer. Cinnamon rolls, muffins and cannoli can all be done. Your imagination is truly the limit for what you can make with an air fryer.
It’s pretty clear to see why air fryers are extremely popular in people’s kitchens. They are affordable, come with accessories, and can be used to whip up many meals – and quickly. They are also quite compact and can easily be placed on your kitchen top without taking much room.
For many people, getting an air fryer is a lifestyle choice. They want an appliance that will make meal cooking easier, but more importantly, make the food they eat heathier. So, with that said, we’re going to get air frying! Adios!